St. Nicholas Hospital a leading multi-specialty hospital in Lagos Nigeria and home to Nigeria’s foremost Kidney Transplant and Dialysis Centre, is in need of a Chief Nursing Officer to coordinate its nursing services. Our core specialty departments (Gynaecology, Paediatrics, Orthopaedics, Cardiology, Cardiothoracic surgery, Gastroenterology, surgeries and Nephrology) are represented and led by well experienced and successful surgeons with education and work experience in Nigeria USA, UK, Canada and other European countries. St. Nicholas is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
Role: Chief Nursing Officer
Location: Based at Lagos Island, but may need to work from any of the Hospital’s outstations
Scheduled Weekly Hours: Minimum of 40 hours
Work Shift: Week days but may have to work during the weekend, due to the exigencies of the job
Department: Nursing Services
The Chief Nursing Officer will report to the Clinical Director and the Medical Director/CEO. The Chief Nursing Officer is responsible for all nursing concerns in the Hospital and presents such to the Management team, makes presentation at Clinical Governance meetings, and HODs meetings. This is a fast-paced job that requires a highly motivated, experienced nurse administrator and manager.
- Bachelor of Nursing Science (BNSc.) required, Masters of Health Administration, Public Health, or related degree such as Business or other Health Care degree (preferable)
- Must have at least 5-year Nursing Administration experience
- The ideal candidate must not be less than 45 years old
- Current Practicing License
- Specialized training (Midwifery, Anaesthesia, Intensive Care, Accident & Emergency, or any other related specialty)
- Experience and adaptability skills in working directly with Consultants and Physicians in an acute setting.
- Ability to evaluate reports, programs, and other data against both judgmental and verifiable criteria.
- Coordinate with medical professionals and other departments to ensure hospital efficiency.
- Aptitude for problem-solving.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
Demonstrate a working knowledge of the financial, regulatory, compliance, ethical and legal know how within the healthcare industry
- Competitive salary package
- Health Insurance for the successful candidate and family
- Group Life Insurance
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Leave allowance
Applications should be addressed to:
|The Human Resources Manager
St. Nicholas Hospital 57, Campbell Street, CMS, Lagos Island, Lagos.
|Or Submit CV and Application through email at:
(Email title: Chief Nursing Officer Position)
Kindly note that application closes on Sunday, 9th August, 2020