Orthopaedics & Trauma Unit
Orthopaedic surgeons deal with traumatic injuries to the bones and joints and diseases of the skeleton. At St. Nicholas Hospital, we provide both comprehensive elective (planned) and emergency services.
Our team consists of Medical Officers, Residents, and two visiting Consultant Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgeons with vast expertise in emergency responses and procedures. They are supported by a team of experienced Nurses and paramedical staff
- Accident and Emergency
- We are able to respond promptly to emergencies across various specialties which include orthopaedics and trauma, general surgery, urology, neurosurgery, ENT, ophthalmology, obstetrics and gynecological, paediatrics and medicine. Emergency procedures are carried out promptly at any hour of the day, when necessary.
- In addition, we are able to carry out life-saving laboratory and radiological investigations to support our medical staff to manage emergencies efficiently and appropriately. We are supported by a fleet of well-equipped ambulances for the safe evacuation of emergency cases when necessary.
The Unit offers the following services:
- Emergency and elective orthopaedic surgical procedures including internal fixations with intramedullary nails and plate and screws Image-guided surgeries.
- Knee and hip total joint replacements
- Paediatric orthopaedic surgeries
- External Fixations
- Hand and industrial accidents surgeries
This service provides consultation and treatment for all general orthopaedic ailments. It is also where all follow-ups for all surgeries done in the hospital are attended to.
Hours of Operation
- 24-hour Emergency response especially in Trauma cases.
- Two Orthopaedic/ Trauma Clinics per week:
- Thursday at 2 – 5 pm
- Sunday at 12 – 5 pm
Individualized and Comprehensive Care
In addition to our orthopaedic trauma experts, our team collaborates with specialists from our other clinical departments to ensure that patients receive outstanding treatment for all their conditions. We aim to provide patient-focused care for the whole individual.