You could be just one call away from a pain free life. BOOK NOW for a Consultation;
Are you still feeling these symptoms?
- Shoulder pains
- Elbow pains
- Wrist pains
- Hip pains
- Knee pains
- Ankle pains
- Back pains
- Tendons & Ligaments injuries
- Sports injuries
Did you know that Regenerative Orthopaedic Therapies can now be used by our orthopaedic experts to heal joint pains and improve quality of life. In this form of medical treatment, components of your body is used to heal conditions such as; Arthritis pain, Knee pain, Back pain, Hip pain, Shoulder pain, Foot/Ankle injuries, Wrists injuries etc
If you have suffered with any of the above, or any other debilitating conditions, and are still in pain, or perhaps you have been told you need surgery, but you are not too keen on the idea – then look no further. Our team of highly skilled medical professionals will be happy to discuss alternative solutions to help improve your overall quality of life and bring you back to optimum health and freedom from pain.
JUST A DAY PROCEDURE, WITHOUT HOSPITAL ADMISSIONS!!!
BOOK NOW, fill the form below for a Consultation and to register your interest for Regenerative Orthopaedic Service at St. Nicholas Hospital;
What is Regenerative Orthopaedic Therapy?
Regenerative Orthopaedics is the application of minimally invasive, non-surgical treatments for the fortification and healing of injuries to the skeleton, muscle, cartilage, tendons, ligaments, and other soft tissues in the body. Regenerative therapy is an array of minimally-invasive, scientifically-proven interventions/treatments done to manage pains in all joints (arthritis); tendon/ligament and sport-related injuries. It uses your body’s tissue to heal damaged or injured structures in your body.
What are the Benefits of Regenerative Therapies?
- Out-patient based, no hospital admission
- Personal 1:1 Consultations to help design your treatment plan
- Pioneering non-surgical, minimally invasive treatments
- Solutions to get you back on your feet – quicker
- Targeted rehabilitation programme
- Minimal or no medication
What are the methods used for these therapies ?
These procedures take just a day and does not require hospital admissions.
- Lipogems is a technology used to obtain stem cells from fat that will be aspirated/removed by suction from the abdomen or lower back. Fat will be processed to obtain stem cells which will then be injected back into the bone.
CONDITIONS: Arthritis, Osteoarthritis, Knee, hip, back, shoulder pain, foot/ankle, wrist/hand injuries
2. PRP – Platelet-Rich Plasma – Platelet-rich plasma is made by taking some of your blood and performing a two-stage centrifuge process on it to concentrate the PRP.
CONDITIONS: Arthritis, Osteoarthritis, tennis elbow, knee, hip, neck/back pain, spine injuries, shoulder injuries. Foot/ankle, wrist/hand injuries. Tendinopathy and other musculoskeletal conditions.
3. Musculoskeletal Ultrasound is a painless and safe way to look through the skin at the muscles, tendons, ligaments and nerves in the body. Ultrasound can also see the surface of bones and some cartilage surfaces. Although it is an excellent way to image the body.
CONDITIONS: muscles, tendons, ligaments, nerves and joints throughout the body.
4. ESWT (Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy) is a non-invasive treatment that involves delivery of shock waves to injured soft tissue to reduce pain and promote healing.
CONDITIONS: Chronic plantar fasciitis, Achilles tendonitis, tennis elbow, shoulder tendonitis, and other chronic tendinopathies.
5. Tenex uses ultrasonic technology to break up and remove damaged tissue. It’s used to treat tendon pain that hasn’t been eased through more conservative care.
CONDITIONS: Chronic tendon pain by non-surgically removing damaged scar tissue on the tendons. Particularly effective on the tendons of the elbow, shoulder, knee and ankle.
6. Coolief and Radio frequency ablation uses cooled radiofrequency energy to safely target and treat painful nerves. Water circulates through the device, allowing COOLIEF to treat larger areas of the body without the excessive heat of other radiofrequency treatments.
CONDITIONS: Non-narcotic procedure that treats chronic back, knee and hip pain.
7. Cellular Matrix is a new treatment option with platelet-rich plasma and hyaluronic acid.
CONDITIONS: Osteoarthritis, orthopaedic soft-tissue repair etc
Frequently Asked Questions for Regenerative Orthopaedic Services at St. Nicholas Hospital
a) How long does the procedure take? – It depends on the type of procedure being offered, but generally the procedures take about 45mins to 120mins.
b) Is it a day case or patient has to stay overnight? – All the procedures are clinic procedures. No need for admission. Patient presents at the clinic and procedure is done, and goes home same day.
c) When is follow up care/visit? – The patient comes back after 2 weeks to evaluate the improvement gained from the procedure.
d) Does the procedure happen same day as consultation or are there series of tests? – The consultation session is separate from the procedure. A patient would be reviewed and tests ordered, e.g., MRI Scan and laboratory tests at the initial consultation visit. Then patient returns for the procedure at a later scheduled date.
e) What would be the typical time span from 1st consultation to procedure? – 2 or 3 days depending on the condition.
f) How do I book an appointment? Please fill the form above to register your interest; or call 0803 525 1295 or 0802 290 8484