Consultant General Surgeon
- The Employee’s outpatient clinic days shall be Monday through Friday of each week, and he will be required to provide emergency coverage when necessary.
- The Employee’s operating days shall be Tuesday and Friday of every week or on other days as necessary.
- The Employee shall conduct daily ward rounds on Monday to Friday between the hours of 8am to 5pm of each week and weekends as may be necessary.
- The Employee shall attend to all surgery cases in the Hospital.
- Operate on patients to improve or restore functions, such as repair injuries or treat diseases.
- Follow established surgical techniques during the operation. Refer patients to other medical specialists or other practitioners when necessary.
- Undertake associated administrative work
- Required to conduct seminars and continuing medical education for junior doctors and other categories of staff in the Hospital at the time and place to be determined by the Hospital.
- Run General Surgical Clinics in the OPD three times every week. These could be at any of the clinics/hospitals within the SNH Group.
- Carry-out daily ward rounds on all surgical patients admitted at any of the Units within the Hospital Group.
- Oversee and coordinate the care received by surgical patients, including those receiving care by other visiting surgeons within the hospital.
- Oversee the theatre department and in conjunction with other in-house surgeons on staff ensue the smooth running of the theatre, processes, equipment and staff to optimal standards
- See all surgical emergencies referred to the hospital and refer these to the appropriate surgical subspecialty if this is outside his area of competence or experience.
- Attend to all surgical referrals from within the hospital from other subunits within the hospital.
- Take daily calls on all week days and alternate weekend calls and attend to surgical emergencies on such days. Arrange appropriate cover for duties and calls on days that he/she is not available for cover.
- Establish a regular upper and lower GIT endoscopy clinic at both Campbell and Victoria Island clinic.
- Participate in the renal transplant program of the hospital and collaborate with other relevant specialties to ensure smooth running and growth of the program.
- Ensure adequate training of the interns and residents undergoing training within the hospital to ensure these receive the best training possible and ensure they pass required examinations at first sitting.
Salary package: Competitive.
Applications should be addressed to:
|The Human Resources Manager|
St. Nicholas Hospital 57, Campbell Street, CMS, Lagos Island, Lagos.
|Or Submit CV and Application through email at:|
(Email title: General Surgeon Position) Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.