|COVID-19 Newsletter 30th March, 2020. |
St. Nicholas hospital has employed all necessary measures to ensure adequate hospital-wide preparation since the onset of the COVID-19 global pandemic. We have kept ourselves abreast of updates and recommendations from the WHO and CDC regarding this new disease. Members of our team have worked cohesively to ensure adequate preparedness by planning and implementing globally acceptable strategies to minimize the spread of the disease while ensuring the safety of our patients, staff, visitors and clients.
| Measures that we have implemented include, but are not limited to; |
1. Development and communication of a policy on the management of suspected cases of COVID-19.
2. Provision of appropriate PPE in sufficient quantities to ensure safe execution of clinical services.
3. Staff training and re-training on use of PPE, COVID-19 signs and symptoms, history taking including provision of regular updates from reliable experts on COVID-19.
4. Screening of all individuals who walk through our front door (Temperature check and travel history taking) and issuance of facemasks to those who have respiratory symptoms.
5. Open communication of updates and recommendations on COVID-19 to the public through our social media platforms.
6. Hourly disinfection of high touch surfaces such as countertops/desks, door handles and rails.
7. Review of the seating arrangement in our waiting areas to ensure a minimum of 1 meter spacing between seats.
8. Temporary reduction in number of patient consultations in some of our specialist clinics – we advise stable patients to have less frequent appointments while refill prescriptions for some long term medications such as anti-hypertensives and antidiabetics now cover for a longer duration.
9. Review of our visitor policy and temporary reduction of patient visits to only one visitor per patient per day.
10. Review of staff working schedule with temporary reduction of staff working hours and overall commuting time to and from work.
11. Temporary suspension of outreaches and other physical gatherings such as our Diabetes Support Group meetings and World Kidney Day.
|At St. Nicholas hospital, we recognize that we cater for very sick and vulnerable patients and this has necessitated our proactive approach in ensuring that we minimize risk and prevent infection within our facility. |
Please note that as at today, St. Nicholas hospital does not have the capacity to test or manage cases of COVID-19. All suspected cases will be referred to the appropriate Infectious Disease Hospital for management.
We ask that you stay safe and keep others safe by practicing the following precautions;
i) As frequently as possible, wash your hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and clean running water or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
ii) Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unclean hands.
iii) Avoid close contact with people who are coughing or sneezing. Maintain a distance of at least 1 meter (3 feet).
iv) If you are coughing and sneezing, please use a face mask and practice good coughing and sneezing etiquette – use a disposable tissue, discard immediately after coughing or sneezing and wash your hands. If disposable tissue is unavailable, cough or sneeze into your elbow not your hands.
v) Social distancing: Strictly stay at home if you can and go out only when you absolutely need to Seek medical care right away if you feel unwell. Symptoms to look out for include; Fever, Cough, Tiredness, Sore throat, Breathlessness in severe cases.
St. Nicholas Hospital Cares
Lagos State Ministry of Health Emergency Hotlines:
08023169485, 08033565529, 08052817243
11 Replies to “ST. NICHOLAS HOSPITAL NEWSLETTER -CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC”
I want to book appointment to see a doctor tomorrow morning. Thank you.
Thank you Joseph, An email will be sent to you shortly.
Good morning,I am a registered nurse midwife looking for a reputable hospital like St Nicholas hospital to practice and work. I wish to know if there are any vacancies.thanks
Dear Ruth, currently there are no vacancies, however, please send your CV to email@example.com
Eligible candidates will be contacted as soon as there is a vacant position. Thank you.
Do you have a dermatologist there ??
Yes we have a dermatologist at St. Nicholas Hospital. Our Dermatology clinic holds every Tuesday, 4:30pm -6pm, kindly call us to book your appointment. Thank you
I am a registered dental technologist with over 6years experience in prosthodontiic,conservative,orthodontic and maxillofacial dentistry…I am looking for an opportunity to work in a reputable organization like st.Nicholas hospital.. I will be looking forward to hearing from you.
Dear Abali, thank you for contacting us. Please note that St. Nicholas Hospital does not operate a dental facility at the moment. Thank you.
Do you have a patient there named
Stella Oni Marris ?
Was told she has been sick and was on oxygen
Dear Stan, we are sorry we do not disclose names of our patients at St. Nicholas Hospital. Kindly reach out to a close relative of the patient for more details. Thank you.